TAFE SA will charge fees for incidental expenses in addition to those required to complete the course. Incidental fees may be charged when:
- a good or service is purchased that is not essential to complete the course of study, eg graduation ceremonies in cases where students are not required to attend the ceremony in order to obtain their award
- a good or service is purchased that is essential to complete the course of study but is also made readily available at no additional fee by the provider, eg electronic provision of essential information if the information is also made readily available free of charge in another form (eg. in a library)
- a charge for an essential good or service either purchased from TAFE SA or elsewhere for
- equipment or items that become the physical property of the student and that are not fully expended during the course of study, or
- food, transport and accommodation costs associated with the provision of field trips that form part of the course of study
- other fees as defined by TAFE SA from time to time.